Tuesday, July 29, 2014

KP DUTY part two


Returning to my recent kitchen makeover, I thought in lieu of my posting ad naseum about what we did and how, I would just upload a few more photos. The little descriptions underneath them should help explain (or disclaim perhaps) the transformation. I will just add one more thing: a lot of what you see I already owned; it may have been in storage, used for some other purpose or quite possibly rescued from someone's curb. We are talking charm and cozyness here, not big money.



I love lamps in kitchens and I really love this one.
I bought it at Home Goods. The copper wine holder used to be a planter.
I think I bought it at an antique mall for $5. Note: the wine cost less than the planter.
Yes, we drink cheap wine.
 

   


These items sit on the shelf over Command Central. Someone gave us the pickled lemons and garlic as a hostess gift. The sterling silver flask came from a friend's estate sale. The flask is from Augusta National and has a dent in it. Someone forgot it was in their pocket I guess. The pommegranate jelly is from our own trees. It won a prize last fall at the state fair and is yummy. The sterling silver jigger is Peruvian which I bought at an estate sale for $5. Everything seems to cost $5 in this post.




I also bought this wonderful little rug at Home Goods, which I think is owned by TJ Maxx. It matches perfectly with the walnut laminate flooring we laid (from Lumber Liquidators). This is a huge improvement over the blue and white linoleum (see previous post). I do need to buy a pad for it. Or bump up the "Slip and Fall" rider on our homeowners insurance, whichever is cheaper. Oh, I just noticed someone left a small sponge on the drain board just before the photo shoot. And there's something sitting in the sink. How embarrassing.
 
You might have noticed in a couple of these photos that there are some missing ceramic tiles on the countertops. The originals were cracked and we removed them, carefully matching the new tiles to the old ones. They have not been installed yet because it was way down on the Punch List. The list is dwindling, however, and it is now almost at the top. I have been assured this will be off said list by this coming weekend. Please return in a few days to check its status; I can't guarantee anything but am ever-hopeful.

chairs,
Gigi

No comments :

Post a Comment